Newborn photography is a beautiful way to capture your baby’s first moments. It can be an exciting and rewarding experience for both parents and photographers. However, it can also be difficult to find a photographer that you like and trust. Here are some tips on how to choose the right newborn photographer in Oregon.
Newborn photography is a popular service that photographers offer. Medford Oregon newborn photographer, Lillian Simons offers her services at affordable rates.
This Video Should Help:
Welcome to my blog! I’m a photographer based in Medford Oregon that specializes in newborn photography. I love capturing the innocence and joy of new babies, and am excited to be able to share my work with you. If you’re looking for beautiful newborn photographs in the area, please feel free to visit my website or contact me for a consultation. Thanks for being here!
Why You Should Hire A Newborn Photographer
Hiring a newborn photographer is one of the best decisions you can make for your new family. Newborn photographers are experts at capturing those first few weeks of life, when your baby is changing and growing so rapidly.
Not only will you have beautiful photographs to cherish forever, but hiring a newborn photographer takes the stress out of trying to capture these precious moments yourself. Newborn photographers have the experience and expertise to safely pose and photograph your baby, ensuring that you get stunning images without putting any undue stress on either you or your little one.
So if youufffdre looking for someone to capture this once-in-a-lifetime period in your familyufffds life, be sure to hire a newborn photographer!
How To Choose A Newborn Photographer
When it comes to choosing a newborn photographer, there are many factors to consider. You want to find someone who is experienced and talented, but you also want to make sure they are a good fit for your family. Here are some tips on how to choose a newborn photographer:
1. Do your research. Look at portfolios of different photographers and get a feel for their style. Make sure you like their work before you book them!
2. Ask around for recommendations. Talk to friends or family members who have recently had babies and see if they have any recommendations for photographers in your area.
3. Meet with the photographer beforehand. This is an important step! You want to make sure you gel with the photographer and that they will be comfortable around your new baby. Ask them about their experience photographing newborns and see if they have any props or ideas that you like.
4. Trust your gut! If something doesnufffdt feel right, donufffdt hesitate to move on to another photographer. You want to find someone who you feel completely comfortable with entrusting your new babyufffds memories to!
What To Expect During A Newborn Photo Session
Newborn photography is a beautiful way to capture the innocence and fragility of your new baby. Here are a few things to expect during your newborn photo session:
-Your session will take place in my home studio located in Ashland, Oregon.
-I will provide all of the props and backdrops for your photos.
-I typically photograph newborns when they are between 5-10 days old. This is when they sleep the most and are still very curlable!
-The photo shoot will last 2-3 hours.
-You can expect to feed your baby frequently during the session as they tend to get hungry often.
-I will capture both posed and lifestyle images of you and your new baby.
-At the end of the session, I will select the best images from our time together and edit them for you. You will receive an online gallery of approximately 20 edited images within 2 weeks after our photo shoot date.
How To Prepare For A Newborn Photo Session
If you’re like most new parents, you can’t wait to capture all of those special moments with your new baby. And what better way to do that than with a newborn photo session?
But before you book your session, there are a few things you should know about how to prepare for it. Here are our top tips:
1. Choose the right photographer:
First things first, you’ll want to make sure you choose a photographer who specializes in newborn photography. This is important because they will know how to safely pose and handle your baby, as well as how to get the best shots.
2. Schedule your session early:
It’s best to schedule your newborn photo session when your baby is between 5-14 days old. This is because they tend to sleep more and be less fussy during this time period. Plus, they haven’t yet developed their “startle reflex” which can make it difficult to get those cute sleepy shots.
3. Feed before the session:
Make sure you feed your baby right before the photo session so that they are nice and full (and hopefully sleepy!). This will help minimize any fussiness during the shoot.
What To Wear For A Newborn Photo Session
There are a few things to consider when choosing what to wear for your newborn’s photo session. First, you’ll want to make sure that whatever you choose is comfortable for both you and your baby. Second, you’ll want to select something that will photograph well. And finally, you may want to consider coordinating with any other people who will be in the photos with you (such as siblings or grandparents).
With all of that in mind, here are a few general tips:
-Wear clothing that is fitted but not too tight. You don’t want anything clinging too closely to your body as it may show through in the photos.
– Avoid clothing with busy patterns or logos as they can be distracting.
– Choose neutral colors such as black, white, gray, or denim. These colors tend to photograph best and won’t take away from the focus of the photo which should be on your beautiful new baby!
– If it’s cold outside, dress in layers so that you can easily adjust if needed. A nice sweater or scarf can also add some visual interest to your photos.
-If you’re dressing your baby in clothes, avoid putting them in anything with buttons or snaps down the front as this can be difficult (and uncomfortable) to get them into and out of outfits during the session.
-A simple onesie or sleeper is always a good choice and easy to put on/take off during breaks in posing. If using a blanket instead of clothes, make sure it is free of wrinkles and lies flat when laid out so it doesn’t distract from your baby in the photos.
-If there will be other people joining in on the session (siblings, grandparents), try to coordinate their outfits with yours so everyone compliments each other but doesn’t match exactly.
-Don’t forget about accessories! A cute hat or headband on baby can add some extra cuteness factor while jewelry worn by parents can help complete their look. Just make sure not to go overboard ufffd sometimes less is more when it comes to newborn photography sessions!
Props For A Newborn Photo Session
If you’re looking to add some personal touches to your newborn’s photos, props are a great way to do it! Here are some ideas for newborn photography props that you can use to create unique and memorable pictures:
-Baskets or baskets filled with blankets and pillows make for a cozy and comfortable setting for your baby’s photos.
-Toys, such as stuffed animals or building blocks, can add interest and color to the photo.
-A simple prop like a scarf or piece of fabric can be used in a variety of ways – drape it over the basket or arrange it around your baby.
-For an outdoorsy feel, include nature elements like leaves, branches, flowers, or stones.
Posing Ideas For A Newborn Photo Session
1. The Cradle Position: This is a classic newborn pose that involves gently cradling the baby in your arms. It’s perfect for capturing those cute little details like tiny toes and fingers. To get this pose right, make sure you support the baby’s head and neck with your hand and arm.
2. The Frog Pose: This is a great pose for newborns who have lots of energy and like to move around. To do this pose, simply place the baby on their tummy on a soft surface (like a bed or blanket). Then, use your hands to support their chest and head so they don’t roll over.
3. The Headband Pose: This adorable pose is perfect for showing off all those cute newborn accessories like headbands and bows. To do this pose, simply put a headband on the baby’s head and then position them how you want them in the frame. You can either hold them or let them lie down on a soft surface.
4. The Basket Pose: This is such a fun newborn pose! To do it, simply place the baby inside a basket (make sure it’s big enough so they can stretch out!). Then, arrange them however you want in the frame – you can even add some stuffed animals or blankets around them for extra cuteness!
5 .The Burrito Wrap Pose: This wrap is not only super cute but it’s also great for keeping babies warm during their photo session (especially if it’s chilly outside!). To do this wrap, start by wrapping the baby in a blanket snugly (like you would burrito). Then, tuck their arms inside so they’re nice and cozy. Finally, take another blanket and wrap it around both the baby + first blanket – making sure to keep everything tight so nothing falls out!
Editing And Printing Your Newborn Photos
Whether you’re a first-time parent or a seasoned pro, there’s always something special about taking newborn photos. Those tiny fingers and toes, that soft skin…it’s all so perfect and fleeting. But as any parent knows, getting a good photo of your newborn can be challenging. Here are some tips on how to get the best results when editing and printing your newborn photos.
First, try to take the photo in natural light. This will help avoid any glare or shadows on your baby’s face. If you’re using a flash, make sure it’s not too close to your baby’s face – you don’t want to wash out their features.
Once you have the photo, it’s time to edit it. You don’t need to go overboard – just a few simple adjustments can make a big difference. Start by cropping the photo so that your baby is the main focus. Then, adjust the brightness and contrast until everything looks just right. Finally, add any final touches like borders or text before printing out the photo.
And that’s it! With these tips, you’ll be able to take gorgeous newborn photos that you’ll cherish for years to come